Accu Chek Safe-T-Pro Plus Lancets - Pack of 200
Used for obtaining capillary blood from the fingertip or if the patient is a child under 1 year from the heel.
Safety-engineered lancet with 3 depth settings for different patient needs
Safe and easy to use, the Accu-Chek Safe-T-Pro Plus lancet device is designed to help you get the right amount of blood the first time.
The single-use lancet device has three depth settings - 1.3, 1.8 and 2.3mm - for varying patient conditions, such as poor circulation or calloused fingers. Healthcare professionals have the flexibility at the bedside to choose the optimal depth based on the patient condition and blood volume required.
The multiple depth settings may also enable a facility to reduce the number of items that need to be stocked in inventory, which can increase operational efficiency.
Multiple safety features combined with customised settings make the Accu-Chek Safe-T-Pro Plus lancing device especially advantageous. This single-use lancing device supports patient safety and ease of use. It also complies with the safety requirements demanded by health authorities, legislators, and health institutions.
Enhanced patient care
- Three depth settings for varying patient types
- Thin, 23-gauge, silicone-coated needle with a bevelled tip for improved comfort
- OSHA-compliant - automatically retracts lancet after use
- Helps reduce accidental fingersticks
- Provides excellent infection control
- May reduce the number of lancets used
- Minimum training requires
Obtain capillary blood from the fingertip or, if the patient is a child under 1 year old, from the heal
The entire device is for single-use only
Disposal of used single-use lancing devices always in accordance with the local / facility's disposal procedures and country's sanitary regulations.
How to use
- Twist the sterility cap and remove it
- The penetration depth adjuster is pre-set at medium. Turn the penetration depth adjuster to the desired penetration depth. The 2 penetration depths are easy to identify by their short, medium, or long markings
- Hold the lancing device between your index finger, middle finger and thumb. You will find that it fits comfortably and securely between fingers, right or left-handed. Press the lancing device firmly against the chosen puncture site. Using your thumb, press the release button down completely. Move the lancing device away from the puncture site and discard it.
Advantages, features & benefits
- 3 adjustable depth settings allow the sampling of blood according to the skin condition of the patient
- Each depth setting clicks into place and cannot slip out of position once selected
- Special bevelled needle cut and needle diameter for virtually pain-free blood sampling
- Use with adults, children under 1 year and neonates
- Designed for single-use, to avoid cross-contamination
- The Safe-T-technology ensures that the needle is always safely stored in the housing, preventing accidental needle sticks
- Automatic needle retraction after single use eliminates the risk of injury and cross-contamination
|Adjustable depth setting||Yes|
Low (short marking) - 1.3mm
Medium (middle marking) - 1.8mm
High (long marking) - 2.3mm
|Special needle cut||3-facet cut|
|Needle diameter||0.63mm (23 G)|
|Automatic retraction of the needle||Yes|
|Recognition of used device||Yes|
|Sterility||4 years after sterilisation|
|Pack Size||Pack of 200|