PDI Sani-Cloth Food Probe Sanitising Wipes | 200 Canister - Pack of 6
70% alcohol food temperature probe wipes for use in commercial kitchens to sanitise between temperature readings and maintain good food hygiene levels.
Prevent cross-contamination with sanitising food probe wipes in an ergonomic canister for busy kitchens.
In the kitchen, food safety is your top priority. Food hygiene protocols are in place to ensure cross-contamination is eliminated, keeping customers safe from bacteria that can cause food poisoning and other harmful microorganisms.
Food poisoning cases have more than doubled in the last decade in the UK. As a business owner, you need to know that your staff are following food hygiene procedures to keep your customers safe in line with the Food Safety Act 1990. PDI Sani-Cloth Food Probe Wipes are pre-dosed infection control disposables. This makes sanitising the food temperature probe super quick and easy, an essential step in preventing contamination between foodstuffs.
Effective Against Harmful Germs Found in Food Prep
Each wipe is impregnated with a 70% isopropyl alcohol solution formulated to eliminate bacteria, yeasts, fungi, and enveloped and non-enveloped viruses. PDI Sani-Cloth Food Probe Sanitising Wipes have been tested to kill salmonella and staphylococcus aureus, among a host of other potentially infectious microorganisms found in food preparation environments.
Check the PDI Sani-Cloth Food Probe Sanitising Wipes information sheet for a complete list.
The food-safe antibacterial wipes do not leave residue meaning the probe won’t need to be rinsed after sanitation and can be used immediately. The wipes are also effective against non-enveloped viruses.
Norovirus is a non-enveloped virus that can survive on frozen foods. We cover how to prevent a norovirus outbreak in our blog.
The Best Probe Disinfectant Wipes
- The wipes are bactericidal, yeasticidal, and virucidal (enveloped and non-enveloped viruses). They are also effective against TB.
- The formula is smear-free and does not leave any residue. It is also quick drying.
- The expressed liquid complies with its claims and is tested to have broad-spectrum efficacy.
- Pre-measured, pre-moistened, and ready to use disinfectant probe wipes for food help staff streamline workflows without compromising food hygiene. The wipes are also highly convenient as there’s no need to premix any solution.
- The 70% alcohol wipes allow you to meet your food hygiene control guidelines and remain compliant with the Food Safety Act 1990.
- The wipes are made from a blue fabric to comply with food hygiene protocols and make them easy to identify if food is contaminated.
- The deep well lid can be used to store the last dispensed wipe, keeping it moist.
- The solution has a quick contact time.
Where and When to Use Food Probe Sanitising Wipes
Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) requires all food to be temperature-checked before serving or at regular intervals if it is being held warm. Keeping the food temperature probe clean will stop you from accidentally transferring bacteria between foods or objects that come into contact with food.
Food probe thermometer wipes should be used:
- Before using the probe: even if it’s been stored in one static place since its last use, there’s no guarantee it hasn’t come into contact with something dirty.
- In between batches of temperature checks: it’s acceptable to check the temperature of several items at once, provided you won’t be mixing meat with vegetarian or halal with non-halal etc. But sanitising the probe between taking batches of temperatures is good practice to keep it clean and minimise any chance of cross-contamination.
- In between checking environment temperatures and food temperatures: if the probe s used to check fridge and freezer temperatures and then used to check food, there is a possibility of transferring bacteria from the fridge environment to the food.
- After the probe has been used: be sure to sanitise it before storing it away, so there’s no chance of contaminating the area in which it is stored and no chance for bacteria to grow from any residue on the probe.
Find out more about infection control in hospitality venues and the equipment you need to keep your business compliant with health and safety laws. Streamline other cleaning protocols in your premises with pre-moistened PDI Sani-Cloth® Detergent Wipes or PDI Sani-Cloth® AF Universal Wipes. We also offer PDI Easy Screen Cleaning Wipes, excellent for hospitality businesses that use tablets to take orders.
PDI’s Infection Control Range
PDI is one of the leading brands in infection control consumables. Browse the full range available on our website, from alcohol-free universal wipes to CHG and alcohol wipes for non-invasive medical devices to wipes impregnated with bleach to tackle spores.
- PDI Super Sani-Cloth® Wipes
- PDI Sani-Cloth® 70% General Surface Wipes
- PDI Sani-Cloth® 70% Alcohol Wipes
- PDI Super Sani-Cloth Plus Wipes
- PDI Sani-Cloth Active Wipes
- PDI Alcohol Prep Pads
- PDI Sani-Cloth CHG 2% Alcohol Wipes
- PDI Sani-Cloth® Chlor
We also stock wipes for PDI’s Hygea range made especially for gentle use on the skin.
|Pack Size||Pack of 6|
|Target Area||Food Probes, General Surfaces|
|Subcategory||Surface Cleaning Wipes|
|Type of Product||Food Probe & Surface Wipes|
|Alcohol / Alcohol-Free||Alcohol|