Mini Burn First Aid Kit
A compact, portable burn kit suitable for travel or use at home. The kit contains Burnshield products trusted by the NHS, including a cooling burn dressing, sachets of burn trauma hydrogel, and a comfortable bandage to protect against scalds or burns.
Benefits of The Steroplast Mini Burn Kit
A compact burncare option, the Steroplast Mini Burn Kit is suitable for domestic or travel purposes and has many benefits:
- The kit is small, lightweight, and portable, so it is the perfect kit to store in your car, handbag, or kitchen cupboard.
- Burncare items are provided in a fast check storage box that keeps all contents clean, dry and protected.
- It’s easy to see the contents and choose the burncare item you need.
- The kit provides versatile and effective Burnshield products for the treatment of all burns or scalds. Burnshield is a leading brand trusted by the NHS.
- The burn dressing is saturated with Burnshield trauma hydrogel, which provides immediate cooling relief.
- The hydrogel contains all-natural tea tree oil, which reduces the risk of infection. Burnshield hydrogel is more effective than running water, continuously dissipating heat from the wound and keeping it hydrated under the dressing’s protective layer.
- Additional Burnshield Burn Blott Sachets contain extra hydrogel and are easy to apply directly onto a burn wound. They can also be used to rehydrate the burn dressing.
- The latex-free cohesive bandage is perfect for holding the burn dressing in place comfortably and efficiently.
- All contents are suitable for use on all burns, including thermal, electrical, chemical, liquid, radiation, and sunburn.
Where can a Mini Burn Kit be used?
The mini burn kit can be used anywhere, but due to its small size, it is best suited to environments where the risk of burns or scalds is minimal, such as homes or offices. This kit provides easy access to premium Burnshield products that are suitable for use on all burns, whether minor or severe means you can be ready to treat a casualty in an emergency.
The mini burn kit is small enough to fit in your handbag or glove box, so it is the ideal travel buddy to take with you, ready to treat a burn or scald.
Due to the small quantity of burncare products, a larger burn first aid kit would better serve environments and workplaces where the risk of burns is moderate to high. Workplaces such as kitchens, factories, and warehouses will require more comprehensive burn kits alongside a legally required workplace first aid kit.
Your legal responsibilities are to take reasonable steps to keep staff and members of the public on your premises safe. All workplaces must provide at least one well-stocked workplace first aid kit. Depending on your workplace risk assessment findings, your workplace could also be legally obliged to stock a comprehensive burn first aid kit such as our specially designed Steroburn Premium Burncare Kit, or standard burncare kit.
Most businesses are required to provide additional safety equipment in line with UK Health and Safety regulations. Steroplast supplies a wide range of first aid equipment, including First Aid Kit Stations, Defibrillators and Public Access Trauma (PAcT) kits.
For more information on the health and safety requirements at your workplace and what equipment you might need to provide, check out our blog:
- What Should be in a Burns First Aid Kit?
- How to Use a Burns First Aid Kit
- Workplace First Aid Kits: What are The UK Legal Requirements?
- What Should be in a Workplace First Aid Kit?
- Workplace First Aid Kits: Where to Install Them and How Many you Need
- The Public Access Trauma (PAcT) First Aid Kit: What Business Owners Need to Know
- Workplace Defibrillators: Everything You Need to Know
Contents of The Mini Burn Kit
This portable mini burn kit contains:
Suitable for easy application over a burn wound, this Burnshield dressing is saturated with trauma hydrogel that will soothe and cool a burnt area while protecting the area from further damage.
Sachets of sterile trauma hydrogel that can be applied directly to a burn wound, or over a burn dressing to keep it hydrated.
Versatile stretchy bandage to secure a burn dressing. The bandage sticks to itself but not skin, and is easy to readjust or remove allowing for regular wound assessment.
- Latex free cohesive bandage will hold burnshield dressings in place
- Fast check storage box keeps all contents clean, dry and protected
- Box Dimensions: 14.5cm x 11.5cm x 4.5cm
|Burnshield 10cm x 10cm Dressing x 1|
|Burnshield Burn Blotts x 2|
|Steroban Cohesive 2.5cm x 4m|
|Subcategory||First Aid Kits|
|Type of Product||Burns First Aid Kits|