Sterowash - Eyewash 500ml Bottle
Versatile, gentle Sterowash eye wash solution formulated to comply with ACOP L74 health and safety regulations in an ergonomically designed bottle.
|Product code||Size||Pack size||Price||Price per pod|
|1405||500ml||1 x 10||£40.48 (£33.73 excl. VAT)||£4.04 (£3.37 excl. VAT)|
|1405/1||500ml||1||£4.20 (£3.50 excl. VAT)||£4.20 (£3.50 excl. VAT)|
Support your dedicated workforce with Sterowash eye wash solution. You could save someone's sight and you'll be fully compliant with health and safety regulations.
We've supplied businesses from hospitals to laboratories to manufacturing plants for over 25 years with premium quality first aid provisions. Sterowash eyewash station saline solution has been professionally formulated to meet industry standards and UK health and safety requirements.
Our 500ml eye wash bottle is designed with practicality in mind so that it can be easily used in an emergency to clean someone's eyes. Order individual bottles of saline solution for eyewash stations here or bulk buy packs of ten.
Why choose Sterowash Eye Wash?
- The topical sterile solution in our eye wash bottle 500ml is made of sodium chloride BP 0.9% w/v in purified water, in line with requirements of the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981.
- Sterowash solution is CE marked and is a class IIA medical device compliant with health and safety regulations.
- Sterowash eyewash 500ml is a 2-in-1 product and can be used to hygienically rinse eyes.
- The eyewash bottle is designed with an easy-to-open twist-cap and precision opening to make eye washing easy. The eyewash squeeze bottle can be squirted carefully to wash the eyes from a range of different angles.
- The bottle is sealed and sterile until use; there's no need to check and maintain hygiene in the same way as when a plumed eyewash station is used.
- Bottles of eyewash can be kept at room temperature, decreasing the shock reaction caused by using water that is too hot or cold and making eye washing easier and more comfortable.
- Sterowash emergency eye wash solution bottles fit neatly into the Sterowash Eyewash Station and the Sterowash Eyewash Plate, both of which can be refilled.
- Sterowash eye wash is available on Drug Tariff.
About Our Solution
Our eye wash has been expertly made to painlessly and unintrusively disinfect trauma sites.
Choose sterile saline over tap water to minimise the chance of infection, promote recovery, and make cleaning sensitive areas more tolerable. Our saline solution PH Eur 0.9% w/v is made with a combination of distilled water and sodium chloride, making it an excellent portable eyewash station fluid.
The solution is formulated to prevent drawing out moisture and drying out the eye but also ensures no irritation when absorbed into the body. This delicate balance means that the natural healing process of the body is interrupted as little as possible.
The Sterowash solution is extremely gentle on even the most delicate areas of the body. It is antimicrobial, meaning it actively slows the spread of microorganisms like bacteria and viruses. It is also pyrogen-free, meaning it does not contain any fever-inducing agents. If you're looking for a baby eyewash solution, this one is ideal.
Why is Sterowash preferable to tap water for eyewash stations?
- Decreased chance of transfer of bacteria to the trauma site as the solution stays sterile in a sealed bottle, rather than coming from a tap that can hold stagnant water.
- No risk of eye irritation from chlorine or other chemical traces found in tap water.
- The solution can be kept at room temperature, meaning an eyewash is more comfortable and easier to administer. When running water is used, too hot or too cold a temperature can make eye washing more difficult or even damaging.
Who is Sterowash Eye Wash for?
Does your workforce operate with chemicals, machinery, or high temperatures? Anywhere an eye hazard is present, you must provide access to eyewash by law.
Your risk assessment will tell you whether there are any risks of eye injury on the premises. Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 require all premises with eye safety hazards to provide access to eyewash and an eyewash station. Specifically:
"If mains tap water is not readily available for eye irritation, at least a litre of sterile water or saline (0.9% w/v) in sealed, disposable containers should be provided. Once the seal has been broken, the containers should not be kept for reuse."
Make sure your premises are covered by giving your staff access to a 1L minimum of eyewash at all times in sterile eyewash 500ml bottles. We partner with businesses across the UK and overseas to supply profession-grade portable eyewash station solution, including:
- Manufacturing facilities
- Waste management plants
- Catering businesses
- Construction companies
Shelf life: four years
|Associated SKUs||1405, 1405/1|
|Type of Product||Eyewash|
Re 500ml eyewash, the labelling says LOT 709466 and has a date beneath 09 2021 is this a use by date or a manufacturing date.Question by: Karl Morris on 2022-02-17 15:04:55
Hello, thanks for your question. The date beneath the LOT number is the use by date. We have checked the LOT number 709466 and can confirm this eyewash bottle expired in September 2021.Answer by: admin on 2022-02-18 10:38:52