Type IIR Face Masks - Pack of 50 - (Black/Blue)
Starting at £7.19 £5.99
Type II R (EN14683) certified 3 Ply Face Masks, designed to provide a Bacteria Filtration Efficiency of 98% minimum. Protect yourself and those around you with medical-grade, NHS-approved face masks. Face masks measure 17.5 x 9.5cm.
Looking for a different type of mask?
KN95 Face Masks are EN1492001+A1:2009 certified to offer 95% filtration efficiency and less than 8% leakage when worn correctly. They are also waterproof and easy to fit around your face for a complete seal
When you’re protecting yourself and your family, never sacrifice quality. Our medical-grade face mask supplies are NHS-approved for use in medical and care settings. All Steroplast Type IIR 3 ply face masks are designed to be fluid-repellant and significantly decrease the likelihood of bacteria and viruses entering your mouth.
All of the materials used to create each 3 ply surgical face mask are selected to conform with standards required of the Type II R Mask (EN14683) certification. These are exactly the same as the NHS face masks you might see being worn in surgeries, hospitals, dental clinics and care homes.
Together, these design features make Steroplast surgical face masks the safest and best disposable face masks available to protect you and those around you from viruses and bacteria.
What does Type IIR mean?
Type IIR face masks are medically tested to provide a BFE (bacteria filtration efficiency) of at least 98%, as opposed to the 95% BFE of Type IR surgical masks. Type IIR medical masks achieve their 98% BFE rate through their 3-ply construction, where large particles are captured in the mask’s layers and do not filter through. As opposed to type II masks, a type IIR mask will include a splash-resistant layer to protect against blood and body fluids.
We often see people searching for ‘type 11r mask’, ‘type 11 mask’, ‘type 2 face mask’, or ‘type 2 surgical mask’. However, the correct name is ‘IIR face mask’.
Features of Our IIR Face Masks
Our medical face masks are available in counter-top ready packs, each containing 50 masks for a competitive price.
- Medical grade design.
- Type IIR fluid resistance.
- 98% Bacterial Filteration Efficiency (BFE) at a minimum.
- The strong, ultrasonic bonded edge gives greater durability and protection.
- Light-weight and comfortable to wear with soft face mask earloop elastic.
- Face masks with nose wire stay in place more easily and sit securely under glasses.
The Structure of an IIR 3 Ply Disposable Face Mask
The Steroplast 3 Ply Surgical Disposable Face Mask is made of:
- A soft, non-irritable inside layer that sits against the skin and lips.
- A barrier meltblown cloth layer, designed to be porous and breathable, but which limits particles of a certain size from passing through it. This layer also wicks moisture away from the skin.
- A waterproof layer that absorbs particles, moisture, dust and minute debris.
The layers are protected by a splash-resistant layer that protects against body fluids. This construction is what makes it the best medical grade face mask design to protect you from bacteria, germs, viruses, and other airborne pathogens.
Face Mask Dimensions
17.5cm x 9.5cm
How to Wear 3 Ply Face Masks
Surgical face masks should:
- Be secured to the head with ties or earloops
- Cover your nose and mouth while allowing you to breathe comfortably
- Ideally include at least two layers of fabric (the World Health Organisation recommends three depending on the fabric used)
When wearing a disposable medical face mask you should:
- Avoid wearing on your neck or forehead
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser before putting a face covering on
- Avoid touching the part of the face-covering in contact with your mouth and nose, as it could be contaminated with the virus
- Change the face-covering if it becomes damp or if you've touched it
- Avoid taking it off and putting it back on in quick succession (for example, when leaving and entering shops)
When removing a Type IIR face mask:
- Only handle the straps, ties, or clips
- Do not give it to someone else to use
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser before and after removing
- If it is single-use, dispose of it carefully in a residual waste bin and do not recycle
- If reusable, wash it in line with the manufacturer's instructions at the highest temperature appropriate for the fabric
Choose a medical-grade face mask UK professionals trust. Shop with Steroplast for some of the highest quality medical supplies online: masks, PPE, infection control equipment and many other healthcare essential supplies.
Where to buy surgical masks?
Looking for where to buy medical masks or searching ‘surgical masks near me’? You’re in the right place. We’re always in a good stock of Type IIR medical masks for sale through our online store. We can deliver each surgical, medical grade face mask UK wide to our customers’ homes, shops, warehouses, medical facilities, and more. Place an order on this page.
Do medical masks expire?
Do surgical face masks expire? All of our infection control surgical masks do have a use-by date, after which the materials used to make them will start to deteriorate. It’s important to use face masks that are in date to make sure you have the best protection. However, an out of date medical disposable face mask can be used in an emergency. Check the seams and the layers of the mask are intact before you use it.
Can you reuse surgical masks?
Surgical mask type IIR is a disposable type of mask and cannot be reused. You should replace a disposable protective face mask regularly. If your mask becomes dirty or if you touch the inside of it you should replace it. The same goes for after eating.
Do surgical masks work both ways?
No, the way that a Type IIR mask is designed means that it is only effective when worn the correct way round. This is to ensure that skin is not irritated, that moisture is wicked away and absorbed, and that the meltblown barrier prevents particles from passing through. This also ensures the splash resistant layer is on the outside.
Type IIR UK surgical masks are medically tested to offer protection against infection transmission when used the correct way round, their efficacy the other way round will not be the same.
Are you part of the national COVID-19 vaccination programme? Our full range of vaccination centre essentials includes more injection equipment, post-injection disposables and PPE.
|Pack Size||Pack of 50|
|Type of Product||Disposable Face Masks|
Do you sell to the public or trade only? Also, do the Type IIR Face Masks - Pack of 50 - Blue (1816/BLU) come in a box? Thank youQuestion by: Aimee on 2022-01-27 18:07:42
Hello, thanks for your question! We do sell to the public as well as trade customers. We have sold out of the Type IIR mask that come in boxes, and the 50 masks currently come in a sealed Polybag. The quality of the masks hasn't changed, and they are still Type IIR (EN14683) certified medical grade. The only difference is at the moment they come in a bag instead of a box!Answer by: admin on 2022-01-28 09:52:31
1. Does the mask protect the person wearing it or the opposite person? Should the blue side be on the outside?Question by: Michel Saad on 2022-02-08 09:43:46
Thanks for your question! These masks protect both the wearer and the people around them. They are Type IIR, meaning they are fluid-resistant. This ensures that particles from the wearer are prevented from reaching others, and the wearer is protected from breathing in airborne particles. In regards to how to wear the mask, the side of the mask that the elastic earloops are attached to should be on the inside so that the soft, non-irritable inside layer sits against the skin and lips.Answer by: admin on 2022-02-08 11:33:33