The ideal candidate
We are looking for a proactive and driven individual to join our marketing team! The ideal candidate will have previous experience telling compelling stories to support a brand via offline and online media, as well as manage and oversee networking events and activities. Our new team member will be able to work independently and liaise with other departments to share our messages online as well as with press, partners, sponsored individuals current and future clients, and the internal workforce. Steroplast Healthcare is a company that looks after its employees and promotes them through on-the-job training and support. We are looking for a flexible person, with a positive attitude and willingness to learn and grow with us!
- Design: Proven skills in adobe suite for offline and online publications, graphic design skills to create leaflets and paper communications such as the product catalog, as well as inform the website design and monthly newsletters via our CRM system.
- Social Media and Digital: creating and managing the social media calendar, in line with business strategies and seasonal happenings. Work with the marketing team to ensure the website’s performance. Must be knowledgeable in SEO, social media management systems and best practices, web design knowledge and coding knowledge is a bonus.
- Public Relations: attending and organising internal and external events, sponsored events, networking workshops and trainings.
- Brand: Responsible of safeguarding the brand’s reputation and public opinion and raising awareness of brand and products via digital and traditional media and networking events.
- Copywriting: taking a storytelling approach to tell our brand’s story across multiple types of media, writing blog entries, social media posts and press releases.
- Strategy: aligning brand communications with business needs, liaising with sales, marketing and business development departments to create messages that align with the overall business strategy
The skills needed
- University Degree in communication, public relations, marketing and/or business.
- 3-5 years work experience in a corporate communications or public relations role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Local knowledge of Manchester and community events/news.
- Expert storyteller with a keen aesthetic eye.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office and Adobe Design suite.
- Excellent interpersonal relationships [and presentation]
- Outgoing personality, approachable and easy going.
The desired extras
- Graphic design knowledge (Adobe Suite)
- Website management skills (basic coding, web design, SEO, Google Analytics and integrated tools)
- Knowledge of medical /healthcare industry desired
- Confident manner and willingness to learn
- Personal values align with the ones of the company
We are a health and medical supplies provider with over 20 years of experience across seven sectors. Our clients prefer us because of the personalized attention and customer service we deliver, and the high quality of the products we provide. We build long lasting relationships with our customers and our partners, we take care of each other. We have a strong link with our community and try to give back any chance we get. With on-site free parking, health benefits and plenty more on offer. We’re looking to build on the successful organisation we have created to date, if you would like to be a part of this and think we’re the right fit for you, we’d love to hear from you.
Steroplast is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, gender, disability, nationality, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
The small print
- Position type: Full time, permanent position
- Salary: competitive, negotiable according to skills and experience
- Schedule:Monday – Thursday 9am-5pm, with 30 minutes lunch break. Casual Fridays 9am – 4.30pm with 30 minute lunch break.
- Holidays: 20 days holiday per year + Bank Holidays and 3 days to cover Christmas Holiday Break.
- Insurance: Private medical insurance after probation period (3 months)
- Westfield Health Scheme for eye tests, glasses, hearing test, etc.
- Free parking
- Pension scheme
- Training: comprehensive induction, on the job training and career development options.